Friday, April 15, 2011

Distance

Another Friday, another 5 minutes from The Gypsy Mama.  Here we go...

"Got five minutes? Let’s write. Let’s finger paint with words
Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not.  Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word."

*GO*
I'm in the centre and it's just right.  The perfect distance from everything and everyone.  My beautiful insecure twenties are gone, taking their meager earnings, noisy neighbours and flat abs with them.  Forties to come with their undeniable realization that it's all downhill from there, a steady slide into death.  Sounds morbid but statistically true, so might as well enjoy yourself while you still can.  The perfect distance from friends and family - far enough away to appreciate them but close enough to feel their warmth.  I love when my life's in balance.  Right in the sweet spot and I want to stay here forever.
*STOP*

13 comments:

  1. Great post . . . though, being in my 40s, I'm not sure it's all downhill from here. :) While my body may be on the slippery slope, the rest of me still feels like the journey up the hill is a long one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how each year I keep revising my idea of when I'll be middle-aged. Forty is starting to sound awfully young...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, "a steady slide into death", great writing but this thought made me cringe. Since I'm 40 :)

    Enjoyed your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this post. I haven't quite found the balance yet. Maybe when I hit 40...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this 5 minute post. Makes me worry about getting out of my twenties though!! Haha, I don't think I'll ever grow up completely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm 40+ and don't feel in the least as if I'm sliding into death. Still, perhaps I'm just in denial. Good post. Enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well if that didn't make this 41 year old want to go find a rusty razor and slit her wrists?! *lol* In interesting concept to write whatever for 5 minutes. It must be a bit liberating. I should try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like being in my 30's. it feels like it fits me, like an age tailor made for me.
    thanks for stopping by my blog & enjoying my terrible SBD story. one more example of why my 20's weren't a sure fit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the five minute write idea. Great topic, too. Your own comment, though? That was the best! I'm with you on that one...the definition of old is certainly all about which way you're looking from, huh? I'm almost 38...that used to seem ancient. Not so much anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The middle is always a fantastic place to be... if only there were a perfect place where we could stay forever... oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello LBS Tea Party Pal,

    I am rapidly approaching 42 and becoming more fabulous by the day! The future always looks brighter when you realized you have the chance to improve your tomorrows with the lessons learned in your yesterdays. Look forward to the future, for that is where hope lives!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from Lady Bloggers. You couldn't be more wrong about it being all downhill at 40. The forties are when you really hit your stride and start to groove in your own skin and to hell with anyone thinks. My 40's were my best decade ever. Then I hit "don't fuck with me 50" and really became dangerous. When I hit 60, imagine my surprise to find out it was the new 40! Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! I had to laugh at your "40's" remark. I really felt like I was hitting my stride at 40, but at 46.9, I am starting to hit the slide (physically, not emotionally).

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!