Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ear Maggots

Day 2 of the 30-day music challenge is your least favourite song.  Sometimes you hear a song that dances shivers across your neck, or reaches into your chest and pulsates through your veins.  Then there are those songs that drag their pointy talons down your personal blackboard, scritching their way into your cringing ears. 

I'm not a music snob at all, and think people who are always nattering on about the genius of their pet obscure band are ridiculous.  No objections to happy bubblegum pop here.  So I don't know why this song aggravates me so much, but I could do without hearing Katy Perry's California Gurls ever again.  Every time I hear it I want to throw something.  Those stupid outfits aren't helping - I like my bra tops with metal and fireworks, not giant cupcakes and whipped cream.

work it, work it

um...no. please stop.

3 comments:

  1. Firework by Katy Perry. I'm sorry but I never feel like a plastic bag drifting through the air, hearing that lyric has the same effect on me as California Gurls has on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, hearing my daughter at age 8 singing katy's lyrics makes my skin crawl! you will not be so hot in your daisy dukes that you'll be melting any popsicles, lil missy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind some of Katy Perry's stuff, but don't really listen to it much. I do have songs that make me want to turn off the radio when they come on though.

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!