Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The wild world of love

Day 5 of the 30-day music challenge is a song that reminds you of someone.  Wild World by Mr. Big brings back my first real boyfriend, an older guy who vaguely repulsed me.  My friends arranged the so-called relationship due to my embarrassing inability to attract anyone on my own.  I went along with the farce, but couldn't hide my disgust when Older Guy stuck his slimy tongue in my ear in a misguided attempt at seduction. 

After a week, Older Guy realized I was serious about not sleeping with him and returned to his more accommodating ex-girlfriend.  I was informed of this development a week after that.  Despite not wanting Older Guy, I still remember the despair that thudded through me.  Would anyone ever love me?  God, being a teenager sucks.


7 comments:

  1. And yet...people will insist on telling teenagers that it's the BEST time of their lives! WTF?! Are they trying to make them suicidal? I would not repeat my teen years for any amount of money or promises of success and fame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with NC. I wouldn't repeat my teenage years for all the money in the world. Great song though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also would not repeat my teen years. However at 31 and single I have asked myself that same question. But now I am able to pick myself up on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a minute I thought one of my all time favorite songs was sung by Mr. Big and felt really lame, then remember it's a cover. whew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That time as a teen! If it's any consolation, it appears that most of the guys I was attracted to in high school are now either gay or turned out to be big dicks! Thankfully I discovered "me" in college and the rest in history.
    Loved the line "misguided attempt at seduction!".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to relive my teen years if I knew then what I know now - including what to do with my hair and how to eat better!

    Then again, I'd think all the other teens were aholes so it probably wouldn't work out that well anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how songs can bring you back to a moment or period in your life. Cheesy, but, Shining Star always reminds me of my first boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!