Sunday, May 1, 2011

I miss her already

This is the part of motherhood I didn't understand until S. was here:  the intensity of love I feel for her, and the almost-physical craving for her presence.  I'm two hours away from my little family on a course for work, and I don't know how I'm going to make through the five more sleeps until I see them again.  I sat for an hour today snuggling my cheek against S.'s soft baby hair, trying to soak up enough of her to last me through the week.  But already tears are pinching my eyes because I miss her so much, and I've been here for only seven hours.

I'm glad I picked the day 8 and 9 songs for the music challenge earlier, since I don't feel like listening to them right now.  Hopefully you enjoy them anyway.

Day 8 is a song that you know all the words to, and I've been able to recite this one with or without the music for the last 17 years.  Here's Shoop by Salt n Pepa:



Day 9 is a song that you can dance to.  I love dancing and will start wiggling around to anything with a good beat.  This is one of my favourites and an awesome song for a cardio workout too.  Here's I'm Raving by LA Style:

6 comments:

  1. I too recently went out of town for a work meeting. It was really hard and I was only gone for a day. I found myself looking at pictures and watching videos of her any chance I get. but I get horrible anxiety during traveling without my mister and now of course my little sweetie. Im hoping it gets better soon. Good luck and have a safe trip home

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally get that whole mommy-need-baby business. i was talking about it just today with a friend who had her first baby just about 2 weeks ago. i think we need the babes more than they need us sometimes. i hope you make it through your days quickly & painlessly.
    i love the old salt n peppa songs! i can still sing every word of "what a man." lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you miss your baby. I cannot imagine being away from mine for even 1 day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following from the Storytellers Blog Hop of TexaGermaNadian. Happy Monday!

    A Ladybug's Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you're missing your baby. That's a long stretch to be away. Hang on a little longer. It'll be so sweet when you come home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get your plight but in a totally different way. I miss my baby - the baby I can't conceive. The one who'll never meet its mama and papa. Its a life-long yearning. Do miss your flesh and blood baby - so that when you hold their tiny selves in your warm cuddles and share your separation anxiety, you'll truly feel the benefit. Love you you and baby. And huge thanks for linking up to my humble Weekend Creation Blog Hop. Please visit my Features page and follow the instructions to be featured on my blog. My readers deserve a treat. Shah. X

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!