Friday, May 27, 2011

I want you back

Ah, Five-Minute Friday.  My little mini therapy session every week, hosted by The Gypsy Mama.  Here's what we do:


Sometimes all it takes is five minutes. Five minutes to just write, and not worry if it’s just right or not.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back and invite others to join in.  Here's your invitation ;)

Today's prompt is on forgetting...

*GO*

It's all slipping away.  The confidence, the enjoyment of shopping and exercise and self-expression.  Dancing in front of the mirror at the gym, I modify the exercise so my fitness classmates can't see the arm jiggle quite so much.  Some days I don't go at all.  It's too depressing seeing this strange fat woman in the mirror, and I'm embarrassed in front of the regulars I've worked out with for so many years now.  Of course they'd never say anything but I know what I've thought in the past.  How long does it take to lose the baby weight anyway?  Maybe if she hadn't gained so much in the first place.  The boxes and boxes full of cute little clothes and bras and pants that don't chafe at the thighs.  The feeling of moving through life like a curvy gazelle rather than a particularly slothful elephant.  I don't know if my skinny girl is still alive buried under all that fat, but I want her back.

*STOP*

14 comments:

  1. You seem like a very determined person and I'm sure you'll accomplish whatever you set your mind to do!

    Wanna know my secret?

    Weight-o-made:

    Green Tea
    Tangerines
    Mint Leaves

    Brew up a pitcher of this a day and you'll see the weight melt off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I do Herbalife. My husband has lost 11 pds in 6 days and I've lost 5 in 3 days plus it's doctor approved and a healthy life style. If you interested let me know.
    Just so you know though 14 yrs ago I lost 110 pds with this and have only gained 20 back the last two years because of surgeries. As for your writing it is excellent. I think it gets better everytime I come on here.
    http://melyndarockinthecrazy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for you... BUT ... I AM HAPPY because I know now that I am not the only one with that kind of problems!! I use to say : everything will be good in the end, if it is not, that it's not the end!!!
    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* I think I may have ate the skinny girl in me...don't know if she'll ever come back fully...great response to the prompt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *eaten...duh. *slinks off from embarrassment*

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skinny lady - her hugs aren't as soft and comfy. Her lap is not big enough for growing kids. Your baby won't care if she never comes back. (But I might be a tad bit jealous, since I lost my skinny girl long ago.)

    Seriously, kudos to you for working out. The goal is to be fit and active. It's not a weight or a jean size.

    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. the skinny girl in me is a huge pain in the booty, i shut her up with lots of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need my Hubby - he's been walking the legs off me for about a month. What with the walks and then being ill because he took me out in the wind and rain I lost weight. I'll send him to you for free. Keep him as long as you want. Honestly, as long as you want. I shan't mind!
    Seriously, I'm very glad I came across today and found your blog via the Crazed fan Hop. What an utterly cool name you have and given that I love to hang out with cool people in the hope that it'll rub off on me (Snort - bit late for that really) I am a new fan/follower.
    Keep up with the exercise. In all seriousness, I was in another life, a Fitness Trainer and although it takes a while the results will start to show. Be patient. Being healthy is more important than being thin.
    Warm wishes
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm blog hopping today and I'm a new follower from Bentobloggy.com, a blog geared towards making healthy and cool bento lunches for kids, and other delicious recipes. I'm also a Blogger.com 'Blog of Note' and a About.com finalist for "Best Blog on Google Blogger" - I hope you'll visit and follow me back! Thanks!

    -Emily
    Bentobloggy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there :) I'm visiting from Lady Bloggers and I follow you already..I keep "forgetting" (notice how I used the topic in my response..kinda clever of me) to tell you that I featured your blog on my favorite things for "I" , I'm doing a favorite things abc style kind of thing over on my blog.
    http://www.whathollyhasseen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is hard after having a baby...my wife was a ballerina for 18 years...it def takes time...dont beat yourself up too badly...and somethings will never come back, sorry for the reality but if you want something go for it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are beautiful!! But I know exactly how you feel, I find myself carrying my 6 month old on my hip and catching glimpses of myself in the mirror and wondering if and when things will ever look the same. Give yourself some credit, we all should. Thank you for being so real, you inspired me this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. In just five minutes you've brilliantly summarized one of the primary laments of women worldwide. Great job :0)

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!