Thursday, May 26, 2011

Oh My Gawd Becky!

Day 25 of the 30-day music challenge is a song that makes you laugh.  It's Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot, one of my favourite old-school songs of all time.


 
Lots of people think this song is horribly misogynistic, but I've always felt nothing but love for the ladies from Mr Mix a Lot and his big butts.

The guys I hung around with in high school were mostly white, and I always knew I was ugly with my curly brown hair, brown eyes and flat chest.  I was pretty much the opposite of the white guy's idol, Pamela Lee. My teenage twin was Ugly Betty.



In the summer before Grade 12, I grew two cup sizes and the white guys still weren't interested (except for my amazing husband, but that's a different post), with all those fake blondes blinding their vision.  But the non-white guys started to turn their heads.  By the time I was 19 and out clubbing (drinking age is 19 here in Canada so I was a good little legal girl), I was getting plenty of attention from any guy with a permanent tan.  I never cheated on my serious boyfriend, who became my husband, but that male attention did wonders for my self esteem. 

No girl wants to feel like a hideous troll, and I've got a soft spot to this day for the darker guys who knew how to give good compliment and made me feel hot for the first time in my life.  Mwah - kisses!
 

3 comments:

  1. it's funny how hooters can improve your self image like they're somehow valuable.
    i think most of the girls i know like the big butts song. lol, those permanently tanned dudes appreciate girls/women who aren't bone skinny. maybe that's why i almost never dated a white guy til i met my husband. i always thought i'd have lovely brown skinned babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love Baby Got Back! And I t=started this challenge the other day, I just got sidetracked by a car accident, so I just caught up on 3 days in 1 post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty much the opposite of most guy's fantasies, too. Wavy brown hair, flat chest, pail as all get out. Gotta love the men who can appreciate something a little different!

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!