Monday, May 2, 2011

Resting with my eyes open

You know that feeling when the world suddenly rushes back into your ears, and you realize that you have been sleeping for an unknown amount of time, and your head is not really in an upright position anymore, and all your saliva might not be completely contained within your mouth?  And you are in a meeting for work, school class, or at a conference?  Very embarrassing.  Especially when you make that loud guppy noise as you wake all the way up and everyone turns and stares at you. 

Not that this has ever happened to me, say while listening to an excellent but rather dry presentation on insurance accounting, after topping a buffet lunch with a large piece of chocolate cake.

Day 10 of the 30-day music challenge is a song that makes you fall asleep.  Here's Last Dance by Sarah McLachlan:

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I have also NEVER had that happen to me, especially not while I was chewing on a pen lid which subsequently fell out of my drool-spilling mouth onto the book that I was supposed to be pretending to be interested in. And I was definitely not embarrassed.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!