Monday, June 6, 2011

Alone

Day 29 of the 30-day music challenge is a song from your childhood and a RemembeRED prompt:



Look at the way we gotta hide what we're doing/ A forbidden friendship choking on its own stifling heat.  'Cause what would they say if they ever knew/ Sharp eyes stabbing into the back of my neck.  And so we're running just as fast as we can/ Speeding through the twilight, leaving time behind.  Holding onto one another's hand/ I thought we'd never let go.  Trying to get away into the night and then you put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground and then you say/ Best friends forever.  I think we're alone now/ Your blue eyes gone blank.  There doesn't seem to be anyone around/ Childhood and forever slip from our grasp. I think we're alone now/ And you're gone. The beating of our hearts is the only sound/ Still that dull ache after all these years.


10 comments:

  1. That song totally brought me back to my early teen years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard that in forever! My brother was so in love with Tiffany he wanted my parents to name my sister Tiffany. He was so mad when they settled on Kelsey. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Takes me back to when Tommy James & the Shondells did this song....good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, GREAT song. What a creative way to handle this post!

    (Thx for coming by 3MomsIn1 today too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from TRDC.

    I used to love this song. Apparently Tiffany is doing cheesy SciFi movies not opposite Debbie Gibson. Weird.

    I like the way you wove the song lyrics with the memory. Nice effect. Almost wish it was a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interweaving of song lyrics, and this is one I will remember forever too. I was at just the right age when it came out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job! I love the way you wrote this, using the song lyrics to tell part of the story. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done. I love the line "Childhood and forever slip from our grasp". It makes me so sad when I think about kids having their childhood innocence shattered :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think three friends went through my mind as I read this. I love your words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking this splendid memory to http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/2011/06/weekend-creation-blog-hop_10.html - God it took me back. I used to want the bat-wing jumper she wore on the video. Whatever became of her I wonder?

    Have a great weekend - Shah. X

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!