Friday, June 10, 2011

Backwards

The Gypsy Mama's Five Minute Friday is here again - hurray!  Here's the drill:

Got five minutes? Let’s write. Let’s write in shades of real and brave and unscripted.
Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not.



1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Get a little crazy with encouragement for the five minuter who linked up before you.

This week's prompt is...Backwards.

*GO*

University deja vu.  So much stress, so little control and 20 pounds of unwanted weight.  At least now I have a baby to show for it.  But still - no excuses.  Back to the headaches.  Dizziness.  Constant running tally until I wish I had a little calculator implanted in my arm.  The aching shins and blisters.  Feeling every day like an old woman whose body is steadily giving out.  Muscles shaking in exhaustion and sitting down because I'm too tired to put one foot in front of the other.  Most of all the twisting, growling hunger.

Flip side.  The endorphins so high I feel like I could jump over the world.  Pants sliding easily over hips and underwire lying flat against my side.  No more breast bruises from a bra that doesn't quite fit anymore.  Chafing sore spots disappear.  If I keep going, maybe I'll get all the way back.  To taking full deep breaths because there will be nothing to hold in anymore.

*STOP*

4 comments:

  1. Loved this. You touched on so many valid points and I totally relate. Your flip side points were just enough to make me want to stop with the bike and get back to that running thing tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh yeahhhh.... we are lazy asses sometimes! I hope the next friday you´ll be more optimistic thought :) And me too... maybe I´ll start jogging... or maybe NOT))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could find the motivation to go backwards to my thinner, more in-shape self. Alas, sitting behind a desk day after day and constantly eating my feeling has led me to this sad, couch potato point in my life.

    The flip side is what I need to focus on. For sure.

    Nice job! I love these little five minute responses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You played a blinder here again. I'm a lazy sos and so when it comes to exercise and housework - I annoy myself. I have begun writing again recently though, which I fought for a while, procrastination and over-editing. So I'm feeling pretty good. Have a great weekend sweetie. Shah .X

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!