Sunday, June 12, 2011

Za za za

I've been feeling especially cheery this week so I decided to link up with Mamarazzi's Happy List today.

This week marked some key deliverables for work, and the first time I haven't had to work every evening and all weekend.  I gave a successful presentation to the board of directors on Tuesday, which is no minor feat for someone who is flat-out phobic about public speaking.  Thank you medication!!


My company has been going through a major transition since I came back from mat leave in January, and it has been very stressful, with the potential of us all losing our jobs.  This threat became much less likely over the last 2 weeks and I'm incredibly relieved.  I hadn't realized just how tense I was until the pressure eased.

My scale may not be co-operating, but I worked out 6 of the last 7 days and I feel fantastic!  I'm bopping all over like it's 40 pounds ago, and I'm high on life baby!  This morning I did Body Attack, followed by Zumba and flashes of my skinny girl danced their way out, za za za.  It was awesome.


Summer's here and every time I turn my face up to the sun, I feel my soul filling up with happiness.  Last year at this time I was 9 months pregnant, and boy it's nice to be carrying my baby girl on the outside instead of the inside this summer.  Speaking of...we see more and more of her personality every day and I'm so thankful she's in our lives.  I love her so much and thank God for blessing us with her.


I had a great day off work on Wednesday!  I went to a warehouse sale and got new work clothes at an amazing discount, then met up with my sister for lunch and more shopping.  She's been away since January on a missions trip and it was really nice to visit with her and hear about her experiences.  I'm glad we're developing more of a friendship as we get older.  And I hit up Marble Slab Creamery on my way home and had a banana chocolate chip marshmallow graham cracker ice cream cone.  Mmm!!


I cleaned up the massive Hoarders-like clutter strewn all over the house due to Jer and I working such long hours.  Being domestically disabled, I don't get too hot and bothered about the house being immaculately clean (haha!!  I can't even say it with a straight face).  But the mess had really gotten out of control and was adding more stress to a chaotic time, and I feel all calm and happy now that the house is picked up and organized.



I've finally reached Day 30 of the music challenge - hurray!  It was fun, and I'm going to keep an eye out for another challenge series like this.  Day 30 is your favorite song at this time last year.  It's Bad Romance by Lady Gaga:


And that's my Happy List for this weekend - what are your happy thoughts today?

12 comments:

  1. Isn't it awesome? To reflect on happy things? I do a weekly gratitude list, much like this, and it always brings me back to a good place, no matter how bad I feel. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you're in such great spirits! Working out really does make you feel good about yourself. I love Zumba!

    Great pics too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Happy post! Sounds like you got alot done Ixy...I'm thoroughly impressed. I myself, have done nothing around this here house. Strangely, I'm okay with that. Hope this week is a happy one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anybody who likes Lady Gaga and dances like nobody's watching is a friend of mine! Found you through FTLOB and your blog rocks!

    -Sar

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you are feeling great this week! Zumba is awsome. What a work out! My kid can get through the video's and she does it with 20 pd weights. I can do about thirty min and feel like I'm going into cardiac arrest. (I'm old however. That's my story anyway!) Hope this week is just as great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sun, working out, shopping, ice cream, and family sounds like a good happy list to me. love this idea I might try this next week!

    Thanks for the comment!
    Janel

    ReplyDelete
  7. HMMMM I really really like you! We have so much in common..I'm a Zumba addict, visit the Marble Slab creamery often and love love bad romance. What can I say...your happy list makes me HAPPY! Following :) And thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tooday´s post is like a kind of... mhmmm ... MOVIE.... you should write a book :) a novel... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome post! It actually made me feel happy vicariously through your elation...and I took one of those smiley pills.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems like EVERYONE went to Marble Slab this weekend!

    Don't you love dancing videos? I found my most favorite one of all time on instant play on Netflix today and was so thrilled to do it since I lost the disc and haven't been able to buy another one. It makes me feel like I actually have skills on the dance floor, haha

    Congrats on the successful presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is some great HAPPY! Thanks for linking up.

    i was gonna say something else but now i just want icecream!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving this super happy post and am TOTALLY shakin' my booty to this song. GaGa is totally one of my most favorite guilty pleasures!

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!