Friday, July 1, 2011

Scintillating secrets

This Friday I feel a need for confession...thanks Mamarazzi for the opportunity:

Photobucket

Today I confess that:
  • although I did flash my boobs to everyone at the party by accidentally including a baby and me bath photo in the slide show, I was relieved that at least it was a relatively flattering photo.  There were much less attractive ones available.
  • I'm developing a disturbing addiction to Wal-Mart.  It's so shameful, like picking your bum in public.  But the stuff is really good value!  I just pretend the other patrons aren't there, although it's difficult with their loud, poor grammar...sigh.
  • I want my university ability to withstand hunger back.  My methods weren't healthy, but I looked good and I miss that body.  My old triggers aren't kicking in and I wish they would. 
  • my tolerance for amusement park rides has fallen to an embarrassing level.  J. and I went on Monday and I felt nauseous and head-achey after three rides, none of which were roller coasters.
  • the best part of my vacation so far has been napping - yep, I'm a wild one alright
  • I watched the entire movie of Troy today just so I could properly imagine I was Perseus held captive in Brad Pitt Achilles' tent.  I may have watched a few choice scenes more than once.
  • I broke my summer blackberry resolution already and actually answered several e-mails at 1:00AM this morning.  I don't know what got into me *hangs head*
  • when we went to the amusement park, I was thrilled to notice that every single girl and woman over the age of ten had cellulite, no matter how skinny she was.  Maybe I'm not a freak of nature after all.
  • I'm glad we don't have to go to a cottage this long weekend.  Hours of traffic for blackflies, giant spiders and limited indoor plumbing, when I could just relax in my own beautiful green backyard...I don't get it.
  • It's 3:20AM and I'm wide awake after letting my natural night owl run amok this week.  It's one of my favourite parts of vacation, but I'll be sorry when I go back to work on Monday.  Actually, I'll be sorry in a few hours when S. wakes up.
  • I'm already planning my next vacation.  It's been a long six months since I went back to work after having S. and a week off wasn't enough.
Come and join the linky!  I want to hear your Friday secrets too.

13 comments:

  1. Troy is one of my favorites! So many good looking actors in it. :) Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Walmart. I love it & hate it so much, all at the same time!

    It is a good day when we notice other women with cellulite! Especially when they are super skinny. I don't think that makes us evil - just normal =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the WalMart thing. I hate going and I feel like the eyes of every person scorned by WalMart is staring me down when I'm in there...but I can't help it. Some stuff is just SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper there.

    Napping is the best part of ANY day off!

    Either way it sounds like you've had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOTTA LOVE THOSE DISCOUNT STORES! Excuse capital - pesky cap-lock!! Happy weekend! ;D Shah at http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/2011/07/weekend-creation-blog-hop-dead-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't do park rides anymore either. I never thought I'd get nauseous from them the way I do, but.... old age comes with a price, I suppose ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't tolerate rides at the park, either. I guess I'm getting old. (I erased the last post because there was a spelling mistake in it, and I don't like spelling mistakes.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a big roller coaster fan... I get very anxious!


    Just stopping by from the Confessional hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny how children change everything. I wouldn't give mine up for the world but our bodies reaction to things just change after childbirth. Getting your hunger thing back into control is hard.However here is a small cheap trick to help. Eat lots of protein and drink lots of water. A woman typically needs 75 to 120 grams of protein a day to stave off hunger and lose weight in a healthy way. So three meals plus two small protein snacks (one in the morning and one mid afternoon.) will take care of your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My time on amusement rides now primarily consists of those approved by Sesame Street. (Thanks to season passes at Sesame Place!) I couldn't help but laugh about the boob shot on the photo show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ixy, thanks for stopping by on my blog!

    Lol at your boob flashing photo.

    When I worked as nanny, they bought a new digital photo frame and turned it on for friday Sabbat dinner. Only they forgot they have there photos from Japan trip when they went to spa and took nude photos. I mean not playboy nude, but still nude. On display for everyone. I sure didnt want to see buts of my employers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how embarrassing; glad it was at least a good photo!
    I cannot handle amusement rides at all anymore; even the baby ones make me dizzy:(
    I am a new visitor and follower; I look forward to getting to know you better...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Newest follower! Thanks for stopping by the Lone Tater this weekend. You should check out my posts 10 Reasons I Hate Wal Mart http://lonetater.blogspot.com/2011/02/10-reasons-why-i-hate-wal-mart.html and its sister post 5 reasons why I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!