1) What has been your longest love relationship?
This November will mark 17 years with my husband (only the last 7 years were married, since we don't live in the back hills of Kentucky. No offense to any child-bride rednecks out there).
2) What is the last gift you received?
A fantabulous gift package from Lindsey at TexaGermaNadian. It was delicious and much better than the usual bills and useless flyers.
3) What do you spend your extra cash on?
Marble Slab Creamery ice cream cones...mmm...
4) If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
Kauai, Hawaii was an amazing place to visit for our honeymoon. But we're happy right where we are in Ontario, Canada. I like the variety of the four seasons, although it would be nice if they were more evenly distributed. Instead, we get five months of Arctic winter, four months of humid, soul-sucking heat and a few left-over months of semi-normal temperatures.
5) Who's your cell provider?
What is this, a marketing survey? Pass.
6) What's your favourite mall store?
Ricki's. What's that - adult women have breasts, hips and an ass? You don't say! Thank God for the one store out there that acknowledges this simple fact.
7) What's the longest job you've had (no, parenting does not count!)?
I've been at my current job as a chartered accountant working at an insurance company for five years. There, that shut down the conversation, didn't it? At least I'm not a tax auditor.
8) If you won the lottery, who'd you call first?
The lottery commission to make sure someone wasn't playing a cruel joke on me.
9) If you won, how would you spend the money after investments?
Take an extended vacation visiting each of the Hawaiian islands, since we only got to Kauai last time. Then re-do the house and hire a full-time nanny/housekeeper!
10) When was the last time you went to church (or a religious house)?
Monday for a wedding.
11) What's the biggest lie you've heard?
"It's not you, it's me." I think you meant: "It's not me, it's you not putting out." And so glad I didn't.
12) When you go out with your friends, where do you go?
To a nice restaurant, where we can relax and have some lengthy girl talk without horrifying our husbands.
13) When was the last time you cried?
On Monday, when I was lost in a city I don't know very well, trying to pick up random items for the bride in between two ceremonies, and the sales people were nasty, and I was cramping and bleeding and afraid I was losing the pregnancy.
14) What food do you hate?
Onions. I swear I'm not a picky eater. It's just that many cooks like to irrevocably poison an otherwise delicious meal by dousing it in these wretched slips of nastiness. And once they're in there, you can't get them out. The whole dish just tastes like a giant onion.
15) What do you like best about yourself?
My authenticity. I'm who I want to be.