Saturday, August 6, 2011

My first Sunday Steal

I've been stalking the Sunday Stealing blog for awhile and decided to link up for the Nasty 31 meme.  The linky's here.


1)  What has been your longest love relationship?

This November will mark 17 years with my husband (only the last 7 years were married, since we don't live in the back hills of Kentucky.  No offense to any child-bride rednecks out there).

2)  What is the last gift you received?

A fantabulous gift package from Lindsey at TexaGermaNadian.  It was delicious and much better than the usual bills and useless flyers.

3)  What do you spend your extra cash on?

Marble Slab Creamery ice cream cones...mmm...


4)  If you could live anywhere, where would you live?

Kauai, Hawaii was an amazing place to visit for our honeymoon.  But we're happy right where we are in Ontario, Canada.  I like the variety of the four seasons, although it would be nice if they were more evenly distributed.  Instead, we get five months of Arctic winter, four months of humid, soul-sucking heat and a few left-over months of semi-normal temperatures.

and hot!


5)  Who's your cell provider?

What is this, a marketing survey?  Pass.

6)  What's your favourite mall store?

Ricki's.  What's that - adult women have breasts, hips and an ass?  You don't say!  Thank God for the one store out there that acknowledges this simple fact.

7)  What's the longest job you've had (no, parenting does not count!)?

I've been at my current job as a chartered accountant working at an insurance company for five years.  There, that shut down the conversation, didn't it?  At least I'm not a tax auditor.

8)  If you won the lottery, who'd you call first?

The lottery commission to make sure someone wasn't playing a cruel joke on me.




9)  If you won, how would you spend the money after investments?

Take an extended vacation visiting each of the Hawaiian islands, since we only got to Kauai last time.  Then re-do the house and hire a full-time nanny/housekeeper!


10)  When was the last time you went to church (or a religious house)?

Monday for a wedding.

11)  What's the biggest lie you've heard?

"It's not you, it's me."  I think you meant: "It's not me, it's you not putting out."  And so glad I didn't.


12)  When you go out with your friends, where do you go?

To a nice restaurant, where we can relax and have some lengthy girl talk without horrifying our husbands.

13)  When was the last time you cried?

On Monday, when I was lost in a city I don't know very well, trying to pick up random items for the bride in between two ceremonies, and the sales people were nasty, and I was cramping and bleeding and afraid I was losing the pregnancy.

14)  What food do you hate?

Onions.  I swear I'm not a picky eater.  It's just that many cooks like to irrevocably poison an otherwise delicious meal by dousing it in these wretched slips of nastiness.  And once they're in there, you can't get them out.  The whole dish just tastes like a giant onion.


15)  What do you like best about yourself?

My authenticity.  I'm who I want to be.

21 comments:

  1. Wow, hope all is ok with your pregnancy! Thanks for stopping by for Sunday Stealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love onions.... its actually one of the few things I like to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your answers, very funny. Hope you're feeling better now and you have a smooth pregnancy! Oh and yeah, I'm looking kinda guilty right now after reading the onion answer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And at least I'm not a lawyer either :) Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok the lottery thing was hilarious! Am I crazy or did you just slip in there that your pregnant? I know I've been in and out due to surgery but how the hell did I miss that? Oh btw one of the things I like best about you is that you are so honest and just put it out there. I respect you for that.. Ps if you are prego CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything is OK with the baby!! Loved this post and I LOVE your honesty, you rock Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sincerely hoping everything is okay with your pregnancy. Take it easy and go enjoy more of those delish ice cream cones...mmmmmm.

    Enjoyed this post so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the visit i am now following you and looking forward in reading all you posts old and new.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! I'm from Kentucky! I'll have you know I have only ONE cousin who was a child-bride (and yes, she was pregnant with twins at the time, BUT STILL).

    And now I'm going to copy off of you and go link up so I can answer these survey questions, too. :) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Minnesota is the baby cousin to Canada. We have the same insane seasons. But I love it. Mostly. Oh man, who am I kidding? I'd move to Hawaii in a heartbeat. Why not?
    The last time you cried, what a scary day. Exhausting. I hope all is well for you now:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. "It's not" followed by anything is a lie. Thanks for playing! You've jumped into the pool... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you, onions are nasty! And girl talk really is scary to husbands, isn't it? Mine is always shocked at the details we discuss!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing like going out with friends for some great conversation!

    Thanks for visiting my Sunday Stealing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by. I'm also a Minnesotan, and can back up that messed up weather we have. I didn't like onions for the longest time, but if they're Vidalias I can manage. They're not too hot, which is the main reason I don't like onions. I do agree though too many cooks throw them in, not everything needs them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice one…
    Hi there!
    Followed you here from SS, hope you can follow me back…
    Here’s mine:
    http://emotera.me/ss-the-nasty-meme-part-one/
    Just for a Thought
    Emotera
    My All
    My Prince  Macoi
    Trying Hard Techie

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate onions too...

    well, unless they're BK's onion rings. Only exception!

    Hope your pregnancy is all good. -hugs!-

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your answers...happy 17th years of marriage..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eeek, I hope everything is fine with the pregnancy! That day sounds like it was stress central, I'm not surprised you got upset.

    By the way, that ice cream looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love reading your answers. I only hate onions when I slice it:)

    Following your lovely blog. I am also inviting you to add your blog at Momma's Lounge (http://olahmomma.com/momlounge) where you can express yourself, add your business/giveaways, and meet more mom bloggers.

    Thanks and have a great day!
    http://olahmomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great answers -- and I hope you are feeling better. Sounds like Monday was an intense day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great answers...although we share hubbies of the same name, we do not share an opinion on onions. I love those things...even though they do nothing for my breath. ICK!

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!