In a desperate attempt to resurrect my mood without access to endorphins of any kind, I'm going to make a random happy list:
- S. climbing onto our coffee table, standing up and dancing, before I pulled her down for her own safety (she'd better enjoy it now, because table dancing is only funny at 14 months. 14 years and I'm locking her in her bedroom)
- Being given new responsibility for an interesting and complicated area at work
- I've gained half the weight I had by this point in my last pregnancy. Now I just have to keep this going despite being banned from exercising in the midst of rabid hunger (honestly, a touch of nausea would come in handy).
- J. not having to work on Saturday, which meant I could take a badly needed 4-hour nap while he kept S. off the living room table
- A relaxing and soul-soothing girls night with my childhood friends
- Taking S. to her first waterpark playdate - she loved it!
- Finally getting the ultrasound report from my doctor so I have the information I need to educate myself and advocate for my own care
- Laughing my ass off at the Situation knocking himself out by ramming into a concrete wall. I love Jersey Shore.
- Deciding which book in my personal library to read next, like picking the right truffle out of a box of chocolates
- The temperature dropping enough at night that we can open the windows, and I can fall asleep listening to the crickets in the marsh instead of the air conditioner
- Finding my favourite sweet'n'salty Indiana popcorn on sale
- Having a great date day with J. at the CNE (I'll go on the midway rides next year). $15 for sand-sculpting, an acrobatics and figure skating show, rock-balancing and all kinds of interesting exhibits is a pretty cheap day. Although the parking was more expensive than admission! Big cities suck.
Sometimes the small stuff is the best stuff.