Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Narcissist Alphabet

Sunday Stealing - woot woot!  The linky's here.



A. Age:  Well, I've celebrated my 29th birthday more than once and have been forced to admit the number now starts with a 3.

B. Bed size:  Queen, but I'm just waiting for our mattress to die so I have an excuse to buy a king.  One more full-term pregnancy should do it.

C. Chore that you hate:  Dishes.  I can't think of anything more revolting than sloshing my hands around in tepid water as chunks of half-eaten, decomposing food slime against my skin.  I'd rather clean the toilet any day.

D. Dogs:  No, thank you.  I prefer to give my consent before someone buries their nose in my crotch.

E. Essential start to your day:  Brushing my teeth.  I can't function with a furry mouth.

F. Favorite color:  Black and red.

G. Gold or Silver:  Silver.

H. Height:  5'5 and a half.  I'm usually wearing 2-4 inch heels and people are often shocked at my true shortness when they encounter me sans pretty shoes.

I. Instruments you play:  Piano

J. Job title:  Manager of Accounting and some other stuff...or something like that

K. Kids:  An amazing 15-month old daughter who lights up my life

L. Live:  In a way that brings peace to your soul.

M. Mother's name:  Too long for some automatic systems to handle, so she regularly gets mail addressed to "Mrs. Virgin Smith."  Haha!

N. Nicknames:  Wabbit, Sunshine, Ram

O. Overnight hospital stays:  C-section with my daughter.  It was fantastic and lulled me into a false sense of security about how difficult it would be to take care of a newborn once they made me leave.

P. Pet peeve:  People who tailgate or drive too slowly in the passing lane.  Good Lord, you have a reasonable speed range of 20 km.  Why is this so difficult to manage?

Q. Quote from a movie:  "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

R. Right or left handed:  Right.

S. Siblings:  A younger sister and brother.

T. Time you wake up:  As late as possible.  This is why evening baths were invented.

U. Underwear:  My choices in this area shifted a bit after this charming incident.

V. Vegetable you hate:  Onions - blech!

W. What makes you run late:  Blogging.  Most linkys start in the morning and if you're the last one in, no one visits (except for me - I read linkys from the bottom up for this very reason).  I don't have time to read in the morning, so I link up and then come back that night.  But I always feel bad for not commenting right away, so I try to visit at least one or two before I leave for the day.  And then I'm late. 

X. X-Rays you've had:  Plenty of dental, a broken finger and a full-body screening by the U.S. border freaks last week.  1984 is here alright.

Y. Yummy food that you make: My own version of Marble Slab Creamery creations - yum!!

Z. Zoo animal:  Tigers.  Cats are the best.

13 comments:

  1. I like the idea of Sunday Stealing, I've been to lethargic to write or even steal lately. Maybe tomorrow. Great answers btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love tigers. Had me smiling on your W answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your personality oozes all over these fantastic Q&A's - Great stuff! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. W and Z are my favorites. Tigers are obviously the very best zoo animal and cats are the very best pet. And yes, I've been late because of linky's too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can you hate onions, they are the basis of just about every meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh.. I'd take doing the dishes over cleaning the toilet any day! You come clean my toilet and I'll do your dishes, deal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Princess Bride, pretty shoes, and big cats, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job on your ABC's. One of my favorite movie quotes, and the movie that made me love Mandy Patinkin!
    As for my quote, “Approval neither desired nor required.” it comes from the movie 'Too Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar'. It's a comedy more then anything, but if you can handle Patrick Swayze in drag, then you should watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. C. So I'm assuming you have a dishwasher? I couldn't live without mine!

    D. This was great! I agree completely!

    V. You wound't fare well at my house. I start just about everything I cook with an onion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love onions... and garlic... yep. Great line from the Princess Bride, haven't seen that movie in ages.
    The Vintage Recipe Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha D was my favorite. And I read linky's from the bottom up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome post! I too love Princess Bride :)

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!