Sunday, October 30, 2011

Follower Appreciation Week!

One of my favourite pastimes is reading and commenting on blogs, and I found a bunch of great new hops this weekend - hurray!  Check out the hop, skip and link tab if you're looking for some seriously fun linkys.  Somewhere in my travels, I got thinking about how much I appreciate my loyal bloggy friends and their thoughtful comments.  So often I've had a bad day and been cheered by a genuine response to a post when I finally sat down at the computer.

In a fit of excitement, I decided to create my own personal blog hop by going through my entire follower list and visiting everyone's blog.  This has been surprisingly difficult to do, since I can't actually find some people's blogs (no web page link when you click on their name).  And it appears that trying to visit everyone in an hour or so was a bit insane misguided.  But I'm still excited - I've been a little out of the loop for the last few months because of the one baby/two babies/no babies situation.  Just didn't feel like interacting much, and I'm glad to be feeling a little more sociable again.

On a side note, I've wanted to host an actual blog hop for a long time, but I don't think I have enough followers to make it a success.  So thank you to everyone who hosts the linkys I enjoy so much.  Some day...

5 comments:

  1. I was so glad to see your comment on my blog today. I for one have noticed your absence and have thought often of your last post I read when you shared your sad news. I hope you have been very gentle with yourself. And I hope it helps a little to know that you have people you never even met who are sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes it's nice to get out of your own life by visiting the stories & tales of others. thanks for visiting me tonight.
    i've kind of been off the blog hop/linky stuff for a while, but maybe it's time i revisit some of them.
    happy weekend with your sweet little family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that too. When people follow me I want to give back the love. Saw you left a comment for me today so back at you. Now following.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! If you started a hop I would definitely join!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking of setting up a blog hop myself, but it is scary to actually take the plunge and see if anyone would actually join.

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!