Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy awkward and awesome birthday

Yay!!  It's my birthday (go shorty, it's your birthday...) and I'm linking up with a new party for me - it's Awkward and Awesome Thursdays at The Daybook.




Awkward...While fetching coffee for our CFO like a good little 1950's girl, I accidentally terrorized the Starbucks cashier by handing her a piece of paper without saying anything.  She turned pale and then gasped, "Oh, it's your order!" with obvious relief.  Only then did I realize she had thought it was a hold-up note.  Oops.


Awesome...Going to renew my driver's license and health card and encountering the most efficient government worker ever.  I was in and out in five minutes...it was like I'd stepped into some kind of amazing alternative bureaucratic universe.



Awkward...Yesterday I went to visit S. at daycare over my lunch hour and gave her my pretty bracelet to play with.  She promptly ran to the kitchenette side of the room, lifted the bracelet over her head, and triumphantly smashed it on the floor.  All the other toddlers (who had been sitting quietly reading books and playing on the alphabet mats) had to be herded into the sleeping room, so the staff could clean up all the shards of glass.  I was mortified.


Awesome...While grocery shopping, I discovered Zehrs has already put out their Candy Cane Chocolate Fudge Crackle ice cream.  Hallelujah!


Awkward...We sometimes foster kittens for the local humane society and took our 5-week old foster baby in for her spay appointment.  I had been a little concerned that she seemed small for her age, but in the last week she had developed a nice big belly.  She's too young to be pregnant and both of our adult cats are fixed anyway, so I thought she was finally putting on some weight.  Um, no. 

The animal care co-ordinator called me to say 1)  the kitten has a "large worm load" (ew ew eeeewwww!!)  and 2) she can't be spayed after all because she hasn't gained enough actual weight.  I felt like the cat mother equivalent of this:


Awesome...I made it to the gym for 7 days straight Tuesday-Tuesday (including strength training classes) and I can see definition in my arms again.  Now I just need to get my appetite under control.


And that's it...A short list for me today, because I'm heading out for lunch with a good friend, then visiting another with a new baby and maybe hitting up Marble Slab Creamery (with money, don't worry) on the way home.  Yay for not working on my birthday!!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday!! LOVE the near robbery awkwardness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy freaking Birthday you awesome girl you! I loved this post! No joke it was hilarious! Congrats one the gym thing! Keep it up. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooohoo! It's your birthday, you better party like it's your birthday. Happy Birthday!I cracked up picturing myself just handing a piece of ppaper to the lady behind the counter. You're so cute how you tell the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy birthday! It sounds like it was full of surprises (both awkward and awesome ones)! Enjoy your birthday night my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Lovely! I seriously think that was the best awkward&awesome I've ever read! (I wondered how you handled the CFO's request...I totally would've done the same as you).

    Oh how i miss PC candy cane ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Day After Your Birthday! And I have to say that while the "large worm load" was probably pretty awkward, I think it's amazingly AWESOME that you foster for the Humane Society. Kudos!!

    Hope your birthday was da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday!

    Your awkwards are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you! This was a super funny post...loved it. Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is quite possibly the funniest thing I've read all night. Although not cool getting "go shorty, its your birthday" stuck in my head.;-) I hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday!!! I'm awful, I know! I'm finally catching up on my blog reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Birthday! I love the awkward and awesome! I am goin to borrow it for my blog if you dont mind

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!