Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wuv, twue wuv

Today I'm linking up with Kate at Kate Takes 5 for a very fun listography - famous crushes of the past (and present in some cases).  Here are mine, in no particular order:

5)  Cary Elwes (Westley)

The fact The Princess Bride is a satire went completely over my 12 year old head, and instead planted some rather unfortunate expectations of what my true love should wear on a regular basis (further encouraged by Antonio Banderas in The Mask of Zorro, although I was old enough to know better by then). 

Not to mention the sword-fighting skills he should have, immunity to poison and penchant for almost hitting me, but masterfully restraining himself.  Somehow I still love this movie, terrible messages and all.



4)  Michael Schoeffling (Jake Ryan)

In a magical high school universe never seen on earth, the hottest guy ever is sweet, kind and says things like "maybe I'm looking for more than a party" while explaining why he's no longer interested in his busty blonde homecoming queen.  Yeah, right.  Sigh...at least we can dream.




3)  Val Kilmer (Madmartigan)

I don't get this one unless I watch Willow again.  And then I do.  Oh yes, I do.


2)  Luke Perry (Dylan)

Wow Jake, your evil twin is hot too!  Nothing like a little emotional instability to really amp up the sexiness.




1)  Tom Cruise (Maverick, Joseph, every lead he's ever played)

Back before he revealed his craziness to the world, Tom Cruise was one hot tamale.  He picked some great roles and sizzled his way through them, from Top Gun and Risky Business to Far and Away (still my favourite) and Mission Impossible.  Why couldn't he keep his mouth shut and leave us to our fantasies?

Not that craziness would necessarily turn me off (see above).  Boring, preachy craziness does.




Whew - now I need to go take a cold shower.  Right after I watch some of these movies again. 


25 comments:

  1. Oh Westley . . . "like a Chanel suit; he'll never go out of style." I always thought Tom Cruise was so attractive but then he went so crazy and I thought. . . . hmm, not so hot. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. luke perry used to be my man. <3 *sigh* i was too young to be allowed to watch the show but i used to sneak and watch it while my mom was on the phone. :) my aunt encouraged my obsession by buying me 90210 magnets, notebooks, and anything else with dylan's face on it. **swoon** :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops! stopping by from ftlob. <3 have a great sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luke Perry and Michael Schoeffling both made my list! I so wanted to be Molly Ringwald at the end of Sixteen Candles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Mission Impossible 2 again, and fell in love with Tom Cruise all over again. Blocking out his craziness haha.

    Belly B :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just watched Sixteen Candles again the other night. Jake is still hot. Tom Cruise is a weird man; it's hard to look past his judgy preaching. Kinda like I can't go back to pre-crazy Mel Gibson. Oh but Carey Elwes, he will always be Westley to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. i ♥ jake!!!!

    thanks for playing along in my *no more muffin top blog hop* -- you rock!!!
    ♥cyn♥
    misadventures of a chunky goddess

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so weird, but I was TOTALLY thinking about 16 Candles this morning. I haven't seen it in years. It's funny to stop by a blog that mentioned it!

    My celeb crush is Ryan Gosling- but I finally realized (I guess I am pretty dense) while watching the Notebook that he looks an awful lot like my husband. So much, in fact, that when everybody was doing their "celebrity doppleganger" pictures on FB a while back, Ryan Gosling was my hubby's pic! Stopping by from Comment Love Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the biggest crush on Cary Elwes too! AND Val Kilmer in Willow, AND Luke Perry... sigh! Sadly none of them made my list... trust me there was a LOT to choose from and when you have to narrow it down to 5 you have to expect some casualties. Thanks for sharing your fantastic list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Gosh, I forgot all about Luke Perry...I had a huge crush on him! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Princess Bride was my favourite film for years. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Luke Perry too - his fellow 90210'er Jason Priestley just pipped him to the post in my list though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here from FTLOB comment love day!
    I'm a dude and I love Cary Elwes, he'd save me from the ROUS's. I prefer Doc Holiday Val Kilmer...because I have a weird thing for alcoholics with tuberculosis.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Jake Ryan! He just disappeared about that movie. I thought he was so HAWT back then. Wonder what he looks like now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't believe I forgot Luke Perry! He was gorgeous!! Great list x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes... to all of these! LOL!! Great list! I haven't seen Willow in years... atleast a decade. Might have to see if I can sneak that onto our Netflix queue.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh totally feel you on Michael and Tom, just look at their dark brooding eyes! Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  18. How could I forget the hot guys from Beverley Hills 90210

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhh, the Princess Bride! Classic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had no idea that Jake Ryan had a real name. He really shouldn't after playing that role. He needs to have it legally changed to Jake Ryan because that is what he will always be. Sorry you were typecast but you are forever typecast for the greater good of the world, JR.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some popular choices on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Val Kilmer for me all the way.I couldn't see what people saw in Tom.I'd forgotten about Luke Perry *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Best list so far! I adored Madmartigan. I so need to watch that movie again.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You crush exactly like me. I had to follow this link over because I saw my favorite...Wesley! The Princess Bride is my favorite movie, too!

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!