Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Perfect punishment

My instinct when a fountain of urine flies at my face is to take evasive maneuvers.  As a result, when I was changing A.'s diaper yesterday and his little weapon let loose, the laptop behind me got it right in the keyboard when I ducked out of the way.  Fortunately everything still seems to work, probably due to my scrubbing diaper wipes all over the keyboard and shaking it upside down.  Hurray!



After S. goes to bed, J. and I have been watching seasons of Dexter in an overreaction to the steady stream of cartoons destroying our minds.  I gotta say I really like the guy, serial killer or not.  I know vigilantism leads to anarchy and the destruction of the rule of law, which puts everyone's personal freedom and security at risk, blah blah blah.  I also know it is hugely satisfying to watch Dexter plunge a big old blade into a child-rapist's chest.  If only real sociopaths would channel their homicidal impulses toward the evil people of the world.  It's not like they're hard to find.

 my hero

Tonight was my grand debut at the gym and it felt so good to be back.  At least it felt good at the time, not including the occasional moments of nausea when my blood sugar didn't keep pace with my enthusiasm.   My entire body aches now, which really does not bode well for my ability to walk and dress myself tomorrow.  When I asked J. why I was in so much pain, he said "Because you don't know how to do anything half-assed."  Whatever.  Perhaps three hours of zumba, cardio kickboxing and shopping for groceries without a cart (so I had to carry them around the store in bags, sneaking in some weight training) was a bit much for the first day back, but no pain, no gain.  Right?

1 comment:

  1. :D Because you dont do anything half-assed! thats awesome!

    I also have the guilty pleasure of enjoying Dexter! :D How great would it be if sociopaths channeled their crazy in a constructive way?!

    Glad that you laptop was a team player! That would have been an expensive woopsy!

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!