Saturday, October 20, 2012

The case of the mutant candy

I hate when I'm happily scarfing down some delicious morsel of food and it suddenly takes a turn to the dark side. Like when you're savouring a juicy piece of chicken and then you see a vein in the next bite. Or a warm slice of bread takes on a sharp, yeasty flavour and you realize there's mold on the other side.  It doesn't usually happen with sugar therapy, but every once in awhile:

 
Yum! Sugar and gelatin treats!

These green ones are especially tasty.
 
 
WTF?
 
 
And I'm done with Swedish fish for today.
 
What I found most disturbing about the growth on this mutant fish was that it didn't match anything else in the bag. It's not like I found the green and orange fish embraced in some kind of candy orgy. That happens sometimes, you know, when the bag is really hot, the music's pumping and the candy gets all sweaty and stuck together. I get that. Sometimes a fish just can't help itself.
 
But this unknown dark lump embedded in a green fish when there were only red, orange and yellow fish around was seriously creepy. Where did it come from? What was it? I decided not to find out. The bag went in the garbage and I went to go brush my teeth. They wouldn't be getting any more action today.
 

1 comment:

  1. That happens sometimes, you know, when the bag is really hot, the music's pumping and the candy gets all sweaty and stuck together. I get that. Sometimes a fish just can't help itself. NO! Thats too funny! YOURE KILLING ME!! thank you for sharing! HAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!