1) Coming home with a screaming toddler after a 11 hour work day to a spotless house. It was my first time hiring a cleaning service and it was like living in some wondrous alternate universe for the hour it lasted once we got home.
2) Watching my friend compete in her first roller derby. A year after her separation, she's found a kind new man and a hobby she loves. It made my heart hurt a little to see her finding such joy in her life, because it took 18 years for her to realize she deserved better than what her ex-husband could give her.
3) Seeing two lines on the stick.
4) Getting promoted after seeing two lines on the stick. I'm so thankful to be living in the 21st century.
5) Racing down the highway with the wind in my hair, music blasting, stiletto on the gas pedal, and completely, blissfully alone for the first time since the baby was born.
6) The first tentative smiles from each of my babies.
7) Watching Obama get elected. I'm not an American, but I felt so proud of the U.S. that day. I hope I feel the same way after their election on Tuesday.
8) Pulling on a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans in one smooth motion without resorting to Spanx.
9) Reading the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy. Repeatedly.
10) Discovering the blogosphere. It's a great feeling to be interacting with people based on personality and common interests, rather than geographical proximity. I love my virtual communities.
Join the linky here if you'd like to add your own list: