Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Random coffee beans


I'm in a linky mood, so I'm joining Coffee Talk with Natalie at Ohemgee:

1) What is your worst habit?

Picking my nails. They look like they've been eaten by weevils.

Swearing like a fucking truck driver. Debra on Dexter has nothing on me.
 
Staying up until the middle of the night even though Sass will be up at 6:30AM, because it's the only time I ever get to be all by myself.

Getting really excited about something and overindulging in it until I hate it.

Oh, you just wanted one? Sorry about that. I was on a roll.

2) What is your biggest pet peeve? (no, not biggest pet!)

When people drive slowly in the passing lane. Actually, even worse are those idiots who drive 90 km/hour. Everywhere. On the highway, where the speed limit is 100 km/hr, they hold up an entire line of cars with their obnoxious snail-like pace. Then they get off the highway and don't slow down at all, whipping through a 40 km/hour school zone at 90 km/hour. WTF is wrong with these people?

The best road sign EVER

Not signaling also makes me want to hit you with my car just to make the point that we can't read your fucking mind. How lazy can you possibly be when it's too much effort to flick your pinky?

3) What is annoying you right this very minute?

My mulish weight, which is digging its fat heels in and refusing to budge. My skinny (or at least not fat) girl wants out!

4) How do you relieve stress?

Cardio kickboxing or hard-core zumba.

The kind of workout that makes you all glowy and sleepy afterward.

Reading a book that makes me forget where I am.

Cuddling my kids when they're all sleepy and peaceful.

5) What TRULY makes you happy?

When my life is in balance. 

Doing something I'm really good at.

Scene from the movie "Election"
Type A? Moi?
 


20 comments:

  1. Staying up until the middle of the night even though Sass will be up at 6:30AM, because it's the only time I ever get to be all by myself.
    OH thats me too!

    Actually I can relate to a LOT of your post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a terrible habit, because then I feel like death the next day. Until about 10:30PM, when I get this insane second wind and do it all over again.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE a book that makes me forget where I am. I'm sucked in quite easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I can't even hear people talking to me or anything. I just completely zone out into another world; it's awesome.

      Delete
  3. Oh you have nailed the source of my road rage! I hate driving on the interstate because of people who drive the wrong speed in the wrong lane!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so frustrating because it's completely unnecessary. Traffic would be so much more efficient if people would just drive with the flow and stay in the correct lanes.

      Delete
  4. My nails look like that too! What's hard core Zumba?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The really energetic, aerobic kind where you burn 600+ calories a class and your heart rate gets into the 180s. Some instructors teach it as if it were a Tiny Tots jazzercise class - that doesn't work for me.

      Delete
  5. i should add deb circa season 1 and 2 to my list of pet peeves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - at the beginning I kind of wanted to smack her most of the time. But she got some back bone as time went on and I got to like her.

      Delete
  6. Getting really excited about something and overindulging until I hate it? Me too. I do it with food all the time. It makes me crazy every single time, but I can't stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do it with everything. I think I feel like if I don't enjoy something to death now, I'll be sorry later when it's gone. I'm just not good at moderation.

      Delete
  7. I pick at the skin around my nails. Its horrible - worse now that it's colder and my fingers are all dry. Im also really terrible at staying up so late. I do it almost every night and kick myself every morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling myself to go to sleep, but then I get blogging/reading/watching TV and suddenly it's 2:30AM. And then just as I finally settle into bed, the baby wakes up. Argh.

      Delete
  8. Love this post Azara! Couldn't agree more about slow drivers and drivers who sit in the passing lane, I often think I should keep a carton of eggs in my car so I can throw them at the idiots who do these inconsiderate things. Except, I have terrible aim, so I'd no doubt end up with egg on my own car and the slow asshole on the road would be laughing at idiot who egged her own car in a fit of road rage...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL hilarious! That is completely the kind of thing that would happen to me and end up here under a "Seinfeld experiences" tag. I've often thought it was for the best that I don't live in the U.S. where people carry guns around freely, because I would be so tempted to shoot my gun off (in the air - not actually at someone!) just to let off some steam/scare a tailgater off my ass.

      Delete
  9. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhAHAHAHA I love you! Even more that you say fuck on your blog!!

    Slow drivers need to be shot. Seriously. Oh, and how about those fuckers that ride your ass?? Ugh gets me everytime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, how sweet! Usually my swearing scares people away. I'm not sure which is worse: tailgaters or pylons. There's a reasonable range of speeds available and a flow of traffic - follow it!

      Delete
  10. I'm stressed about NaBloPoMo, and I also relieve stress by reading a book that makes me forget where I am...which I don't have time to do because of NaBloPoMo. Durn it!

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!