Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Un-shunned but still sick

You knew I couldn't leave it there, right? A possible solution to my shunning and a chance to be an Iron Commenter after all? Not bloody likely.

So I googled "Firefox," downloaded it and attempted to comment on a blog with the registered user setting. AND IT WORKED!!! It's a Festivus miracle! I am so, so excited. Firefox is quite slow but that's OK - I'm only going to use it when I need it to leave a comment. This also means Google/Blogger aren't causing the shunning; it's something in Internet Explorer 9. Since I have my settings set up to accept every kind of cookie out there, I don't know what it could be and for now I don't care. Because I can talk to everyone again. Yay!

Even better? When I e-mailed the IComLeavWe moderator, Melissa Ford at The Stirrup Queens, to thank her for helping me become un-shunned, I asked her a bit more about becoming an Iron Commenter. She clarified that you have the whole week to leave a comment on each participant's blog. As in, you need to make 75 comments, not 525. I think she thought I was a bit insane, which is not surprising because the sickness is definitely still in me. How do I know? My first reaction to this news was disappointment, not relief.

21 comments:

  1. My word, I cannot believe you accepted a challenge to make 525 comments in one week. While I am glad you are unshunned, I worry for your mental health. And for the record, I am so out of touch with computers that I only understood 5 words out of this entire post. Cookies? Chocolate chip or snickerdoodle please.
    Good luck reaching your new goal of a much more reasonable 75 per week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what got into me. Like I said, it's a sickness. Snickerdoodles - yum!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, that so funny. I can see you thinking, 'well now it's not REALLY a challenge to earn my iron commenter status.' Well, good for the firefox and good luck gaining your new title! Do they have a badge you can put on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so, but you do get to be on an honour roll. Hurray for gold stars!

      Delete
  3. You crack me up! Love your spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind of you to say "spirit" instead of insanity ;)

      Delete
  4. You're pretty hilarious! I love it. :) Have you tried Google Chrome as a browser? I'll never go back to IE. ;)

    Could I still sign up to join in your insanity...??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, her form let me join, but I'm not entirely sure if it's too late. I may have to wait until next month. *shrug*

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I think you're going to have to try again on the 1st, because I don't see you on the blogroll. That's too bad. Hope to see you on there next month though!

      Delete
  5. Hi from ICLW. Just one of the many reasons why I use firefox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find Firefox very slow though. I just keep it open for the blogs I run into that I can't comment on through IE 9.

      Delete
  6. 75 comments? You can totally do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - I've done almost that many in one day before as part of a blog hop. But then I had to sprawl on my couch staring mindlessly at the TV for a day to recover, because I really read every post and try to say something relevant. I don't know what 7 days straight of commenting on 75 blogs would do!

      Delete
  7. 1 down, 74 to go! Thanks for the comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comment and I hope you make it through all! Glad you got unshunned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you make it through this month with everything you have going on.

    ReplyDelete

Lend me some sugar!