Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I'm not dead

Just conserving my energy for the A-Z challenge, which starts in (yikes!) five days. I can write 26 posts over Easter weekend, right? Because it's highly unlikely to happen on the actual days of the challenge, seeing as how I'm already running on about four hours sleep a night. I'm loving being back at work from mat leave, but I'm exhausted on a whole other level now that I can't rest with the kids during the day.

The other day Sass and Little Man took turns getting up all night, and I came thisclose to falling asleep in a meeting the next day. As in, I had to stab myself in the leg with a pen under the table so the pain would keep me awake. The bruising has gone down, but I'm still tired.

I'm starting to really miss blogging, so I'm excited for the challenge. I've already chosen my theme and planned each day's general topic. It's just the actual writing that I haven't done yet.

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! I've missed you but look forward to daily posts in April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, I'm doing the same. Yours is probably the ONLY blog I'll have a look at this week since I want to use my time wisely. But, I just finished writing an 'M' post and I had a couple minutes, so I popped over here. Don't feel too badly about not having them all done. I've only finished eight. The good news is that I have selected a theme which will help direct me. But....
    I'm looking forward to reading starting next week (sheesh-time flies, huh?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I'm so far behind! And mad at myself for starting off like this - I really wanted to focus on just reading other blogs. No point in fussing about it now though...I'll just try to keep up the best I can. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you aren't dead. I was about to post virtual flyers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely understandable, but I'm glad you'll be back in April. I'm doing it, too. And I, like you, have theme and topics, but no posts. And I'm also planning on doing them this weekend...at least all of next week's posts, I hope. I always sign up for this crap on impulse, I have no idea why!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I have tomorrow's post ready and that's it...facepalm...

      Delete
  5. Good to see you! Glad you like work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tiring, but life feels more balanced. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. Ha! Some good strong coffee for April then!
    Nice to meet you, look forward to keeping up with your posts... stay away from sharp pens !
    Laura x

    Blogging AtoZ @ChickLitLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't drink coffee, but I've stocked up on chocolate. Caffeine one way or another...

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the AtoZ challenge. You're going to have one busy weekend! I'm still on the fence about joining in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do! Then again, I have finished exactly one post, so my enthusiasm might be a little misplaced at this point.

      Delete
  8. Hello, just stopping by to wish you luck with this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurrah for not being dead!!! You need to get some rest woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came down with a nice cold this weekend (surprise, surprise), which forced me to slow down a bit. Sometimes when you're being stupid your body steps in and forces you to rest whether you like it or not.

      Delete

Lend me some sugar!